- One who regards pleasure as the highest good believes that the ultimate goal of existence is reward or punishment.
- One who regards service as the highest good, thereby seeing beyond the self with a gaze of sacrifice, knows that the purpose of reward and punishment is for the ultimate goal of God.
- Service is to act freely out of no other desire than that of love for Other.
- Love is a fire that is noble because of its luminosity. The truthful know the flame by its light. The deceitful are burned by its heat.
- “There are two kinds of light: the glow that illumines, and the glare that obscures.”
- “Nothing created has ever been able to fill the heart of man. God alone can fill it infinitely.” – St. Thomas Aquinas
- “Abide in my love.” (John, 15:9)